Arkos Health Care Management Support
Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (BCBSND) Medicaid Expansion is partnering with Arkos Health to enhance our support to Medicaid Expansion patients across the state of North Dakota.
Arkos is a population health management company that works with health insurers and members’ primary care team to help provide supplemental coordinated care to Medicaid Expansion members at no additional cost to the patient or provider.
This added support is all about meeting members where they’re at and closing gaps where they may otherwise fall through the cracks.
Arkos has hired staff who can further assist with care management services. The program will start with a small team working across the state and will include nurses, EMTs, and social workers under the direction of ND-based market president.
Services in support of Medicaid Expansion Members
By serving as an extension of the primary care team, Arkos representatives will proactively engage Medicaid Expansion members and walk with them through their care needs in alignment with their primary care practitioner. By walking with them, they can help improve quality, while managing costs leveraging virtual, mobile and in-home services. Through their work in other parts of the country, Arkos has proven to reduce unnecessary institutional spending for hospital admissions and emergency department visits and helped close critical gaps in care, such as monitoring in-home prescription medication adherence.
- Engaging with members after a hospital stay to ensure the patients filled their prescribed medications and made necessary follow-up visits with their primary care provider.
- Helping members know where to go for care.
- Assessing and coordinating community resources.
- Helping members comply with their prescribed treatment plan.
- Providing in-home palliative care services and in-home intensive care management.
Members enrolled in Arkos
Arkos' services begin with the needs of the members and can be referred by providers and BCBSND.
Members may be referred because:
- Multiple emergency visits.
- Acute care admissions.
- Chronic conditions.
- New cancer diagnosis.
- Treatment regime.
- Low utilization of primary care providers and high utilization of specialists.
- Other triggers.
Who to Contact
Once a member agrees to use the services a case manager will be assigned and in contact.
Members also have access to a 24-hour care line at 844-442-7567.