Get the Right Care at the Right Time
Where do you go when your ear aches or you sprain your ankle or develop a rash?
You have choices. And some choices are more practical than others. Some people automatically visit the emergency room when a walk-in clinic or a telehealth visit would be faster and more economical. Check out your care options below.
Keep these things in mind:
- In general, it's always a good idea to see—or at least call—your primary care provider
- If you had a severe or life-threatening injury or illness, go the ER or call 911 immediately
- A letter of approval from BCBSND is needed for:
- Medical services outside of North Dakota that could be provided in North Dakota.
- Medical services from an out-of-network provider that could be provided with an in-network provider.