If your appointment requires overnight stays or you need help with transportation, BCBSND is here to help. These services may be available at no cost to you and must be pre-approved by BCBSND.
If you have questions, or want to request transportation, meals or lodging:
- Call 1-833-777-5779 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. (CT), Monday – Friday.
- Call at least two days before you need the service.
Rides to your medical or mental health appointments
If you need a ride to an appointment:
- Try first to get a ride from family, friends or a volunteer group.
- If you can’t get a ride, BCBSND may help take you to and from your appointment.
- Be on time for your ride at the arranged location.
- Call BCBSND if your plans change.
- If you cancel a ride or are late, you may be refused rides in the future.
- If you need to fill a prescription, BCBSND may stop at a pharmacy before you are dropped off.
If you need to stay overnight or past 10 p.m. for your appointment, you may get help to pay for meals.
- The meals must be pre-approved by BCBSND.
- You will get a set meal budget for each day.
- You are responsible for costs over the budget amount.
If your appointment requires you to stay overnight, you may get help to pay for lodging.
- Lodging must be pre-approved by BCBSND.
- Let BCBSND know if you are in a wheelchair, have a service animal or another special need.
- Your lodging location and length of stay are needed.
- Items like room phone charges and movies are not covered.
- If you need to stay longer than expected, you must notify BCBSND.
- Your request for services must be medically needed and meet the ND Medicaid Expansion rules.
- Services for routine eye and dental appointments are not covered.
- Reimbursement for personal mileage is not covered.
- All services must be billed by the provider or company providing the service. BCBSND cannot reimburse you directly, even if you have a receipt.
Questions? Call 1-833-777-5779 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. (CT), Monday through Friday